Congregational Care Committee
To carry the LOVE of God and our church to members and
families in our congregation who are in continuing care facilities, home care
or going through difficult times.
Ways we show our love and care:
1. Serving as a “buddy” to individuals in home care or in a continuing care facility. Staying
in touch by cards, phone and visits.
2. It is the goal of the individuals in the K9 Angel ministry to share their love (Galatians
5:13) with the Lord’s people who are in need (Romans 12:13) by visiting and sharing
their special animals bringing happiness and cheer to people—young and old alike.
Visits are made to The Glen, Savannah Court, Harbor at Harmony, Good Samaritan and
Putnam hospitals, various schools and other facilities.
3. The card ministry includes Get well/ Thinking of you, Sympathy, 1st Anniversary of death,
Birthday, Easter and Christmas cards. July 4th and Christmas cards are sent to our
members serving in the military. Congratulation cards recognize youth members
graduating high school and college.
4. Serving communion once a month at The Glen, Savannah Court and Harbor at Harmony
and our home bound.
5. Prayer Wraps: Love Covers All ministry meets at South campus on the 1st and 3rd Monday
of each month from 2 - 4 p.m. to knit, crochet and pray over wraps to be given to anyone needing the comfort and love of Christ.
6. The Bereavement committee shows their love and caring by ministering to families,
both church members and nonmembers, during their time of loss. Families are assisted
with the funeral/memorial service and family visitation.
Most important of all, we keep all those in need in our PRAYERS.